When school is closed, The Laboratory is open!
Join us as we partner with The Kids Table for our unique full-day cooking and science camps based on a common popular theme.
Friday, April 7 – Be a Hero 9:00am-3:00pm (ages 5-12)
Kids get to use science at The Laboratory to bring the cartoon Wreck-It Ralph to life with physics and engineering to design balloon-powered mini-cars to compete in our own Sugar Rush Speedway challenge. At The Kids’ Table, kids will cook up dishes fit for any hero! MENU: Veggie Hero Sandwiches & Heart-Shaped Cookies (Breaks might include viewing of Wreck-It Ralph)
Wednesday, April 19 – Build It 9:00am-3:00pm (ages 5-12)
At The Laboratory, kids become engineers, architects, inventors, programmers – working together to build a LEGO brick world, designing interactive machines and programming them with the LEGO WeDo system. We’ll shift gears at The Kids’ Table, where kids get to build their own culinary creations. MENU: Build-Your-Own Burritos & Cupcake Creations (Breaks might include viewing of The LEGO Movie)
How it Works:
In this unique collaboration, kids will spend half of their day at The Kids’ Table cooking and making their own lunches and half of the day at The Laboratory with unique hands-on STEAM projects based on popular themes
– Day-Off Camp payment is non-refundable – Activities are modified to be appropriate and challenging for each age level
– In some cases, students may be placed into separate groups according to age. If there is a special need to keep siblings or friends together, please let us know at sign-up
– The Kids’ Table and The Laboratory are located on the same block only a few storefronts apart. Instructors will be walking the students to each location between activities
– Camp time is from 9:00am-3:00 pm
– Morning drop off begins at 8:45am
– Please read our full cancellation policy and discipline policy before sign-up
What to Bring:
– A vegetarian and nut-free snack (half of the campers could be eating a late lunch around 2pm, so please keep that in mind in packing the snack)
– Water bottle
– A sense of adventure!